Wish List (generally ignored ;-), Brainstorming
elisterr

Multiple connections on Android (bonded network)

Post by elisterr » 07 Nov 2021, 08:55

Hi,

Hear me out: The plan is to use multiple USB 4G sticks (like E3272, E3372) with different providers and combine their connections to a stronger more stabile connection with the Speedify service.

My setup:
Raspberry Pi 4 4GB
USB hub with external power
4x Huawei E3372h surfsticks

I got it working on Raspbian OS with usb_modeswitch automatically switching all the sticks to the right mode and then manually PPP connecting with WVDIAL service. But I've now switched to Android 10 / Lineage OS and I find it limited in usage. PPP Widget 3 works but as it uses virtual VPN to connect to Android I can only use ONE stick at a time and Speedify is now un-usable.

Is there some other way or code package that may fulfill my needs?
Modeswitch the sticks, dial-up and then connect the sticks as LAN connections?

Any kind of answers are welcome! :)

LOM

Re: Multiple connections on Android (bonded network)

Post by LOM » 08 Nov 2021, 04:21

A widget like pppwidget is not allowed to create net devices in Android so the reason it can work at all is to take over an already created device like the VPN device.
So, sorry but it is not possible.
Please be also aware that pppwidget was created to bring mobile broadband into wifi-only Android phones/tablets which did not have built-in mobile broadband support, Lineage OS should not even have a need for pppwidget if they code their OS right.

elisterr

Post by elisterr » 13 Dec 2021, 00:24

Hey!

Okay, the app itselt is not suitable but what about the rewritten coding about automatic USB_Modeswitch for the sticks.
Plus a manual PPP dial-up to the network provider.

In essence, it should still work, right?

LOM

Post by LOM » 13 Dec 2021, 15:18

elisterr wrote: 13 Dec 2021, 00:24
Okay, the app itselt is not suitable but what about the rewritten coding about automatic USB_Modeswitch for the sticks.
LOM wrote: 08 Nov 2021, 04:21 Lineage OS should not even have a need for pppwidget if they code their OS right.
The whole source code for usb_modeswitch and its data package is free for the Lineage maintainers to integrate into their distro, that's how it gets built in to all other linux distro's.
By the distro mantainers. If they want to have it included.
It can be downloaded here: https://www.draisberghof.de/usb_modeswitch/