Activation Codes and Methods, Hardware Details, Sniffing
randompunteruk

Struggling with E3131

Post by randompunteruk » 12 Dec 2015, 01:25

Hi,

I am struggling with getting a Huawei E3131 to work as I need.

I have two E3131 devices, sourced from different places.

For both a work project and a home project, I would like to be able to use these two devices (and more in the future if I get them to work) from a Raspberry Pi 2 to send SMS and, hopefully, automated voice calls using Feeswitch in the future.

I think that hilink mode, CURLing to the web API would be the easiest way to send SMS. I haven't put much thought into voice just yet, though suggestions are welcome e.g. how to see if voice is unlocked on the devices.

I am happy to be corrected about my hilink approach and pointed to a serial connection, though I would need some explicit steps on how to communicate via serial from bash.

I have usb-modeswitch 2.2.5 and the latest data package installed on Raspbian.

The device appears as 12d1:14fe before switching and 12d1:1506 after switching.

A new network device of wwan0 appears, but cannot get an IP address via DHCP.

This is as far as I have got - I don't really know what to try from here to get the device into the correct mode and start communicating with it. I have read websites and forums for hours but haven't found anything that gets me beyond this point.

Could someone suggest how (or indeed if) I can achieve my goals with this device?

Many thanks,

The Punter

randompunteruk

Re: Struggling with E3131

Post by randompunteruk » 22 Dec 2015, 16:08

Hi all,

Is there any extra information I can provide that would enabled someone to help me?

Using whatever is the right method i.e. HiLink, serial, whatever, I want to use these dongles to send SMS messages. That's stage one of my project. Next stage is voice - I can deal with that separately.

I have a pile of kit now but can't get it to work!

Thanks,

Ashley