Automatic Activation, Hotplug and UDEV, Configuration
hansi

deb package corrupted? Doesn't install!

Post by hansi » 22 Feb 2010, 11:50

Hi,

I tried to download the debian package

usb-modeswitch_1.1.0-2_i386.deb

from the given link. The package doesn't install.

root@ubuntu# dpkg -i usb-modeswitch_1.1.0-2_i386.deb

returns an error message:

dpkg-deb: unerwartetes Dateiende in Versionsnummer in usb-modeswitch_1.1.0-2_i386.deb
dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten von usb-modeswitch_1.1.0-2_i386.deb (--install): Unterprozess dpkg-deb --control gab den Fehlerwert 2 zurück

Tried to download it from two different locations with same result.

Sorry, but I am a newbie. The *damned* T-Online UMTS modem (Option GI0225) is the last hurdle to take to say goodbye to Windows on my Samsung netbook. Please help!

Using kubuntu 9.10 netbook edition (still live version booted from USB-device) LAN and WLAN is connective, UMTS not. knetworkmanager recognizes stick but doesn't enable a connection out-of-the-box. Figured out that usb-modeswitch perhaps can solve the problem. (if I can get it running. :cry: )

hansi

Post by hansi » 23 Feb 2010, 00:58

The problem has somehow solved itself (partially). It turned out that it didn't install on the netbook version of Kubuntu 9.10. I found out that it's not needed though. The stick runs out-of-the-box if dial-in parameters are correctly set in knetworkmanager.

It doesn't work out-of-the-box in the regular desktop version of 9.10 though, but the deb packages (program and data) install properly.

The bad news is that it doesn't run after the install process either. The stick is recognized but doesn't dial. What to do with that? I understood that it is supposed to run without doing anything else after installing the packages.

:?: