Automatic Activation, Hotplug and UDEV, Configuration
agustin

Problem accessing user account after usbmodeswitch install

Post by agustin » 29 Dec 2008, 14:33

Hi, I am having a difficulty with my Debian system (newly installed) following installation and use of usb_modeswitch. The connection using ZTE 620 worked fine, using the wvdial instruction from command line. The problem is that logging out of Debian system and reboot I am unable to login with my username, having to enter the system as root! By default I go through gdm, but from text window with startx the same problem is manifest. I wonder if anyone else has encountered a similar situation?
I imagine it is a problem of permissions, but from my normal user I was initiating the connection through a root text window. When I try to logon to debian with the normal user it simply jumps back to the "type username" window under gdm.

Many thanks in advance for any help, and congratulations on the forum, of great use to dumbheads like me.

Agustin

Josh
Site Admin

Post by Josh » 30 Dec 2008, 01:22

Unfortunately, I don't know much about Debian. I'd like to help you even if your problem lies a bit outside of the focus here, but I simply don't know the intestines of this distribution.

You might be better off to ask the Debian community.

agustin

Login probblem debian

Post by agustin » 31 Dec 2008, 23:47

Thank you Josh, you are probably quite right, the Debian community is the place to go, it's obviously more of a system/permissions problem than anything else.

Happy new year