Automatic Activation, Hotplug and UDEV, Configuration
Pelzflorian

Guix packaging questions

Post by Pelzflorian » 16 Jun 2019, 11:23

Hello! I have packaged USB_ModeSwitch for Guix <https://www.gnu.org/s/guix> and it works, but I have a few questions.

First of all, config file locations in Guix can be chosen freely and are typically not in /etc or any of the usual places. Therefore I needed to patch the usb_modeswitch_dispatcher to accept a --config-file=… command-line parameter. My patch is attached. It would be nice if the patch or similar functionality could be distributed as part of official USB_ModeSwitch releases.

Second, what is the purpose of systemd or upstart usb_modeswitch@$p2.service files? Is it just so automatic modeswitching can be turned off with systemctl? We do not currently package such a service; it appears it is not needed.

Third, there is this usb-modeswitch-versions.xml file advertized on the USB_ModeSwitch website. I am interested in automatic detection of and updating to new releases which Guix already supports for e.g. kernel.org. Is this XML some sort of standard format or is it exclusive to USB_ModeSwitch?

Regards,
Florian
Attachments
usb-modeswitch-accept-config-arg.patch
(1.02 KiB) Downloaded 473 times

Pelzflorian

Re: Guix packaging questions

Post by Pelzflorian » 16 Jun 2019, 13:39

P.S. A fourth one: Could you GPG sign your releases for slightly more security?