- Raspberry Pi 1 Model B
- Raspbian 8 (Flavour Volumio)
- Huawei E8372h LTE dongle
- USB hub with external power supply for the E8372h (needed, because the E8372h draws too much power for the RPi)
- LTE dongle powered up and connected to mobile network, before I power up the RPi.
- RPi up and running and I plug in the dongle.
What is not working:
I power up the RPi and the dongle at the same time. This leaves me with the dongle switched to modem mode (and it itself connected to the mobile internet), but the RPi is not connected to the Internet.
To get the RPi to connect to the Internet, the solution is either to
- Unplug the dongle and plug it in again.
- Log into the console and run "systemctl reload networking.service".
Does anybody here know how I can get the RPi to boot at the same time as the E8372h and connect to the Internet without resorting to manually logging in or power cycle the dongle?
I attach the boot logs for
- booting with the dongle already up and running
- booting with the dongle powered on at the same time as the RPi