Batteries included
lilomaster

PPP Widget 3 Huawei E303 connecting but no traffic at all

Post by lilomaster » 10 Jan 2019, 20:37

Hi:

I am experiencing a problem I have read in other entries in this forum, but that I haven't been able to solve with the solutions proposed.

I have a Huawei E303 modem installed in a Car Head Unit. The car head unit is running Hal9k ROM with Android 7.1.2 and MicroG Libraries insted of the official Google Play libraries.

PPP Widget 3 is installed, it recognizes the modem, connects and creates the VPN, but I cannot generate traffic.

attached are my ppp log file and USB log file, plug a couple of pictures of the ip route and ip link command outputs.

When connected, the HU recognizes the Modem and it provides internet connection through the native internal support, but it is not too stable. It even retrieves the APN directly from the provider, and it shows the typical mobile network connection triangle with the little 3G legend on top of it.

Any help will be appreciated.

Kind regards.
Attachments
&quot;ip route&quot; output<br />.
"ip route" output
IMG_20190110_133302_half.png (9.75 KiB) Viewed 19797 times
usb.log
USB Log File
(1010 Bytes) Downloaded 685 times
ppp.log
PPP log file
(1.75 KiB) Downloaded 688 times

Josh
Site Admin

Re: PPP Widget 3 Huawei E303 connecting but no traffic at all

Post by Josh » 10 Jan 2019, 22:59

The logs are looking very good.

I think the problem may be here:
lilomaster wrote:When connected, the HU recognizes the Modem and it provides internet connection through the native internal support
Try the following:

- Enter airplane mode; does the unit still use the modem?
- Connect modem (try connecting before and after setting airplane mode)

If that does not help:

- Before connecting the modem, open the terminal app
- Enter "su"
- Enter "setprop ctl.stop ril-daemon"
- Connect modem

lilomaster

Post by lilomaster » 12 Jan 2019, 16:06

Thanks for your reply. I tried putting the unit in airplane mode but still no connection. I will try the command you mentioned and I will let you know. I also attach my ip link output. From that information, I think there is another adapter taking over the VPN connection and leaves the tun0 device linked anywhere.

Looking forward to your comments.
Attachments
ip link output<br />.
ip link output
IP Link Output.png (38.94 KiB) Viewed 19775 times

lilomaster

Post by lilomaster » 12 Jan 2019, 21:37

I've just tested what you suggested but I had no success. Same behavior. It connects through the widget but I have no traffic in any application.

Please, let me know if you need further information.

Kind regards

Josh
Site Admin

Post by Josh » 12 Jan 2019, 21:56

Are you familiar with the process of Android logging? There is the "adb logcat" command when you access the Android device over a debugging connection; you can also use the free "Catlog" app which can catch the logging on the device and save it.

I need to see the system messages at the moment when PPP Widget is connecting. If you are able to get the log after such a connecting attempt, post it here as an attachment (zipped text is best, full logcats can be large; no image please).

lilomaster

Post by lilomaster » 12 Jan 2019, 23:41

Ok. I will try to get the log with logcat and I will post it.

lilomaster

Post by lilomaster » 13 Jan 2019, 04:09

In the meantime, I attach my pppWidget 3 Log obtained from SuperSU Pro. Tomorrow I will try to save the catlog reader export.

As I've read in other posts, this log should be enough, should it not?

Please, let me know if you still need the catlog register.

I will be looking forward to your comments.

kind regards.
Attachments
pppwidget3_SU_Log.txt
PPPWidget3 Log obtained from SuperSU Pro
(2.53 KiB) Downloaded 710 times

Josh
Site Admin

Post by Josh » 13 Jan 2019, 10:11

There is nothing unusual in the IP links or in the SU log.

tommchris

Post by tommchris » 04 Mar 2023, 11:05

lilomaster wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 20:37 Hi:

I am experiencing a problem I have read in other entries in this forum, but that I haven't been able to solve with the solutions proposed.

I have a Huawei E303 modem installed in a Car Head Unit. The car head unit is running Hal9k ROM with Android 7.1.2 and MicroG Libraries insted of the official Google Play libraries.

PPP Widget 3 is installed, it recognizes the modem, connects and creates the VPN, but I cannot generate traffic.

attached are my ppp log file and USB log file, plug a couple of pictures of the ip route and ip link command outputs.

When connected, the HU recognizes the Modem and it provides internet connection through the native internal support, but it is not too stable. It even retrieves the APN directly from the provider, and it shows the typical mobile network connection triangle with the little 3G legend on top of it.

Any help will be appreciated.

Kind regards.
1v1 lol
Your information is very helpful to me

tommchris

Post by tommchris » 06 Mar 2024, 04:42

Ensure that your Huawei E303 modem has a strong and stable signal reception. Poor signal strength can lead to connectivity issues and slow kinitopet or no data transmission. Try moving to a location with better network coverage if possible.